Tuesday, April 29, 2008

French Hand Sewing

How do I keep my hand in a practiced at "real" sewing? I get invited to a shower for one of my special friends. I knew my friend Jeanine was having a baby girl. This is from a pattern from a local French Hand Sewing artist. (I mean she is an artist with a needle!) Using her pattern I was able to make Ally's dress. The dress is made with Swiss Batiste and French laces. It is French Hand sewn, and using a machine as well.

Do I have any of these dresses, well I do have a few and we'll be seeing them in the future. I seem to give most of them away. But they come from my heart and my hands. In coming articles I will point out a few I have made especially for dolls or display and have kept.

These same techniques can be used on your dolls as Michelle carries the finest Swiss Batiste from Bear Threads called Bearissima. It comes in White, Ivory, Peach, Lt Blue, Mauve, Ivory and Ecru. If you have never worked with fine batiste like this it will be a treat. She also carries a full range of French and English cotton laces.

Kathi

No comments: