Monday, March 22, 2010

Undergraments continue

Once I made some decision about the dress, the rest just fell into place. I did not want to miss a single piece of garment, but I had to think constantly about scale and the outcome. After all, I am striving for authenticity. There are more garments to assemble for a complete look. I do not want her appearing as if there is no gravity at all. She still must look completely in scale. The corset is the cross between a cotton long line bra that one wore in the 1950's and a lace corset that my contemporary girl found at the mall. Never the less, she felt the more conservative cotton one would be a better solution than having laces fighting over one another with the dress. To keep the corset thin and in scale I used a Swiss Batiste and some fine lace pieces. Every time I add a piece, I am afraid I will ruin her. Yet, each step seems to make her more complete, closer to the bride I have envisioned. I hope you can stick around for more pieces. Her slip will be next. Thank you for reading our blog, it is wonderful to share this experience.
Kathi

4 comments:

DollZandThingZ said...

This work is so beautiful it is a shame to cover it with a dress! You are doing such a great job! Love watching your progress!

DLSarmywife said...

Kathi, she is coming along beautifully!!! =D

Jackie said...

Kathi, your doll is awesome and so beautiful! you do an excellant job of writing and blogging! I cannot wait for more!

Jdee said...

Wonderful detail! Everything is perfect and the doll is so pretty!
xoxo