Wednesday, March 17, 2010

More on the Shoes

Do you love a challenge! I thought I did, but now I am not so sure. I think a solution has come from my recent set back, however. Yesterday I felt no joy after leaving the antique store. There were NO laces. It seems there was a run on too expensive hankies and many crochet doilies. For a 6” doll, it was not an answer.
I returned home, started looking through my inspiration pictures, and saw immediately my solution. Too bad, I did not see it before I went shopping. Therefore, I am going to go all out Princess Grace on you. I will make some small changes so it will work with the laces I have on hand and either way I believe I will have the makings of a lovely dress. Just not the all lace dress I was hoping to achieve. Nevertheless, hang in there…one never knows.
This brings me to the point of the shoes. Because of the setbacks, or challenges or doors opening and closing, however one looks at life, I made a decision about the shoes and it came quickly. I chose the lace decoration with pearls. My sample shoe from the internet had a lace appliqué that was beaded and a beaded ankle strap with a bow at the heel. Other that working with the lace design the shoe is pretty much the same as the sample.
I have taken another picture to show you the shoes now finished with all the trims and pearls and straps and bows and the soles are on as well.
I hope you like the look. Next up the long line bra or corset.
Kathi

1 comment:

DollZandThingZ said...

REALLY, really gorgeous! In fact, if they were human sized, I think many brides would love a shoe like this!