Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Trying Again.

June 14, 2020

Dear All, 

It was Four years ago this date that I wrote an article about having such a long wait between posts.  I apologized not not writing for so long.  A lot had happened.  My mother had passed away, I made an interstate move, downsized by half, or so I thought.  Now, my reason for not writing is pretty similar.  Mother-in-Law passed away, I got ill, made, yet another move and have been now two years remodeling this "new to us" house.  

I can say a few things.  ALL GOOD!  I am completely well, and if nothing changes in the dates, by July 10, I will be able to say, the bottom floor of this house is completely finished!  YES!  

And we will be doing a refresh on the upstairs, which will become my sewing space, supplies, and a guest room.  I am looking forward to that.  It will be a lot less work, and then the hard part will be unboxing my supplies and ordering them, but the unboxing and sorting and displaying my pretties will begin.  Looking forward to it. 

I have been working again on sewing, and miniatures, and will have a bit to share.  I have a lot on my To-Do list as I am sure you do as well.  One of the top items is to give this blog another go, and I promise not to inundate you with posts.  Once a week should do it.  

My temporary workstation will be not so temporary later in the year.  For your viewing, the part we did so far is the supply room.  Perhaps another change here, but the floor is in and the Alex cabinets from IKEA fit.  The dark space for a drawer has been repaired and the drawer inserted.  The bookcases, I believe, are going to have another use.  

Have a great week.  And here we go!  Have Fun! Kathi



2 comments:

hulahoney52 said...

Glad to have you back Kathi. Our Deepest Condolences to you and your family on both your mother and mother in law's passing. You have though been through so much in such a short time plus all that is going on in the world on your shoulders.. You sure you dont need more time? Anyway I am very happy to hear you are well and loving your new home and creative space. I look forward to reading and seeing all the wonderful things you will be creating in your new Haven. Happy you are back..GOD Bless Rebecca R.

elizabeth s said...

Sounds like you have had some very traumatic and stress-filled events happening one after another and I'm sorry to hear it especially the passing of your mother and mother in law- Very Sad!
I'm sure though that the renovations revolving around your "new" home will make the time less sad for you as much as it will be rewarding when it is completed.
Look forward to seeing more in progress reports!

elizabeth