Thursday, July 14, 2011

I though this was kind of interesting

Having a website I get lots of junk mail from all over the world. I usually go right to mark as junk and delete. But something made me stop and click on this one. The title was: "Doll Face Machine". Wouldn't you have to click on that one? So I clicked hoping and deadly virus would not envelop my computer. But I do see some possibilities. Cute Christmas ornaments of your kids and grand kids? Funny convention souvenir maybe? If you have your own little body to pop it into instead of those strange little cloth ones...Maybe? What do you think? The smallest head is 6cm which is a little over 2", largest 45cm or 17-1/2". Ok, maybe it is a little strange and odd...and maybe tacky?

7 comments:

AuntLou said...

OK, that was kind of cool. :)

Melissa said...

Fascinating and strange! Seems like endless possibilities, but even after that demo I'm not really sure how it works.

michellemahler said...

I think the "face" must be some kind of plastic you can print on. Then he was using the heat gun and then the machine vacuum forms it over the mold.

Sharon B said...

I can see using it for "Boudoir Dolls" - they had molded faces. Wonder where to get one of these? And how much?

michellemahler said...

I asked the company and the doll face machine is $117 plus shipping.

Gina said...

Hey Michelle, I got this same email in my box and like you I was curious. It is odd , but also interesting, lol.

Textile and Stitch said...

Wow, very interesting and I totally would have clicked on an e-mail with that title too! Thanks for sharing :)